Dermal fillers are injections used to fill out and smooth wrinkles, creases and deep lines in your skin. They are a popular non-surgical treatment that offer instant results and no down-time.
Most often dermal fillers are used to help reshape your face but they can also be used to enhance the appearance of other areas of your body including: hands, upper breast, chest, neck and shoulder area, earlobes and feet.
Dermal fillers are used to treat the following facial areas:
• Deep smile or laughter lines which run from the side of your nose to the corners of your mouth
• Crow’s feet at the corner of your eyes
• Frown lines between your eyebrows
• Worry lines which run across your forehead
• Vertical lines on your top lip, known as smokers’ lines
• Acne scars
• Pockmarks caused by injury or disease, such as chickenpox marks
• Uneven skin after surgery or skin grafting
• Lips lacking volume or definition
• Tear troughs
• Drooping mouth corners
• Marionette lines that run between the corners of your lips down towards the chin AND jaw
• Sunken cheeks
• Chin area that would benefit from reshaping
• Bumps in the bridge of your nose or a crooked line of your nose
There are several different types of dermal fillers and their effects can be temporary or permanent depending on the type of filler.
The most common facial filler is hyaluronic acid injections. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance within your body in the deep layers of your skin called the dermis that keeps your skin smooth, shapely, and hydrated. As you age, your body produces less hyaluronic acid.
Your Practitioner will discuss with you the best type and volume of filler needed for your particular areas of concern.